Sunday, June 27, 2010

What Home Means to Me


Last year Josh and I sold our home, a loft we built with our own hands. We have been in transition ever since, living out of our suitcases, as we slowly relocate our lives and business from the Bay Area to Southern California, to be closer to family. For nearly a year we have been staying with family and friends, and sometimes motels, for days, weeks or months at a time. We've traveled the road between San Francisco and Los Angeles so many times that I feel more a resident of the state than one particular city. Of the many things I've learned in this year without my own home, I've learned most clearly what home means to me.

I am excited to be one of 300 bloggers participating in the Pin It Forward project, started by Victoria of Sfgirlbybay, in collaboration with Pinterest, a great new bookmarking site where you can create your own inspiration boards (Warning - Pinterest is really fun and highly addicting, which means you should probably give it a try!)

Exploring what home means to me turned out to be quite an emotional process, probably because this past year has been so unlike any other I've known. As the path to our next house continues to take shape, I am grateful to have such an encouraging and supportive family, and although my patience wears thin some days, this period of "without" has me heart-to-heart with the notion of carrying my home within.

Tomorrow it's the if only girl's turn to share her meaning of home. What does home mean to you? For me it is a question with many answers...

Happy Monday everyone...!

No comments:

Post a Comment