Monday, March 9, 2009

A Clearer View

I'm in the process of looking through photos, trying to select twelve new images for next week's Popppytalk Market.

The theme is Spring, and my mind is whirling with ideas. I'm not sure how deep into the archives I'll dig, but there are a couple of old old photos I may include. Some of those old photos are still among my favorite, and when I look at them I'm transported back to Fresno, with my macro lens, photographing interesting toys up in my room, or flowers in my parent's backyard.

As you probably know, the process of sorting through photos can be a profound experience. Sometimes it reminds me how much I love the people I love, other times it reminds me that while I may not feel like I've traveled, I really have been some places. Today I've looked through ten years of changing seasons, and caught a glimpse of my evolving abilities as a photographer.

I'm happy to find myself here, with a reason to sort through these photographs. I feel a calm sense of satisfaction, ready to pick up my camera and head out to discover what I'll discover next. "Museum Girl" is one of my favorite photographs so far, and today I've had a chance to step from my spot as the Photographer, into her spot, for a clearer view.

So be sure to visit my new Spring-themed Table at the Poppytalk Market. You'll find twelve photographs that have made me really happy over the years, for one reason or another. In the meantime, you still have a few days to check out my Table in the Poppytalk "Affordable Art Market." Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment