Monday, September 28, 2009

Showtime, San Francisco!

Hello everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I've been a very busy girl, and am excited to announce that I'll be exhibiting photographs in two San Francisco establishments this week!

Thursday, October 1, I'm premiering a solo exhibition at Hotel Biron, Wine Bar & Gallery. I hung the show yesterday, and I'm beyond excited about the way the photographs turned out!

This exhibition, titled "Air Conditioned Electric Heat," features 28 roadside photographs, including a new batch from my Las Vegas, New Mexico roadtrip this summer.

For this show, I had the inkling to depart from the traditional white-matte-black-frame approach, and opted instead for no-matte-white-frames. I searched high and low for the perfect white frame and could not find a single contender. Lucky me, my ever so gracious woodworking husband agreed to make me 40 white frames on short notice. The frames are absolutely beautiful, and I think they are a perfect choice for this Collection.

If you're in the Bay Area, I hope you can join the fun on Thursday evening.

Friday, October 2 (My Birthday!) I'll be exhibiting at Artist X-Change, a retail gallery space in San Francisco. I am one of many Bay Area Artists to be included in the October showing, and I'm thrilled to participate.

Here's a sneak peek at the Hotel Biron show...enjoy!


In waking life my exhibition is bursting with color --
I just don't want to spoil the fun of seeing the show in person. Makes sense, right?


"B" marks the spot. Front entrance to Hotel Biron.


More details and quite possibly another sneak-peek coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment