Saturday, April 24, 2010

Studio Sneak Peek no.1




















Here's a glimpse into our new studio/workshop/shop space.
I'm so happy here, really, truly.

One of my favorite things about this place (besides the abundance of Four Square Record Frames) is that I have room to unpack photographic treasures including my Polaroid Daylab, a hand-me-down from my Grandfather. The Daylab has been gathering dust for ages, and I think this will be the year to make her shine again. I'm surrounded by film, slides, a light box, darkroom timers, chemistry beakers, toning trays... all of those classic photographic essentials. I feel as if they're bringing to me a new thread of inspiration, and reminding me of the ever fascinating, scientific side of photography. Even without a darkroom, I'm feeling ever-more like a Photographer. Believe it or not, there were many years that I wouldn't have had the confidence to spell that word with a capital P.

Thanks to each of you for being here with me, and for making this studio space possible. I promise to put my best effort into making cool things we can all enjoy.

4 comments: