Wednesday, November 3, 2010
She stood beneath the entrance peering upwards, toward the open air. Quiet, exact were her movements, as she pushed to discover the subtle difference between an entrance and an exit.
Once, something mighty had filled this space with warmth and beating hearts. How had it vanished? Disappeared in the blink of a lid, vaporized as sun melts fog, or clumsily reformed itself into a pile of fallen pieces?
She remembered reading this, in a book by Don DeLillo
"There are dead stars that still shine because their light is trapped in time. Where do I stand in this light, which does not strictly exist?"
and it all, somehow, made sense.
- ► 2012 (82)
- ► 2011 (99)
- Scenes from a Train Window
- Sunday in Seven Senses
- Saturday Evening Post
- December Visions
- Financial form, with line and curve
- And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
- Aloha, Palm Springs
- Thanks, honor, memory
- The halo
- Time Like a Turtle
- Solar Power, Palm Springs
- Classic Beauty...
- How it all turned out...
- Autumn morning, Southern California
- Wonder Wednesday, Open Air Entrance
- Northerly, Southerly new new news...
- ▼ November (16)