Tuesday, July 21, 2009

New Mexico Skyline

Hello fellow Adventurers, we've had two days of intense Airstream time, and are making our way back to California. Monday morning we had a successful drive from Las Vegas, New Mexico to Santa Fe. We spent all of Monday and half of Tuesday working out some electrical kinks, and made sure the brakes and tires were road ready. (I say "we," but really I was mostly moral support and errand runner, which, I'm told, is a Very important role.)

It's been a long but satisfying couple of days, and we are relieved that the Airstream is performing so well -- you never know what you're going to get with something that has sat in a yard for years.

We managed to check out the Plaza in Santa Fe before leaving town today, and of course I'll have photographs to share. Since I'm sleepy tonight, I thought I'd share some easy-to-upload, point 'n shoot photos that I shot from the car. (I have the middle spot on our bench seat -- can't hang my camera out the window, so I'm shooting through the windshield!)

Today's drive from Santa Fe to Farmington, New Mexico was beautiful. We saw dense pine forests, red rock, white rock, lightning showers (we realized we've seen lightning every day of our trip!), billowy clouds, ominous clouds, blue sky, gray sky, golden sky, pink sky, and many shades in between.

We arrived in Farmington at almost 10:00 p.m. and were feeling a bit sleepy -- a little come down from so many days of excitement. Much to our surprise there is a National High School Rodeo Championship happening in Farmington tonight, and every hotel is booked. I mean every hotel in the town, and from what we were told, surrounding towns. Lucky for us, we are persistent, and found one hotel with one unoccupied room, ahhh.... thank goodness.

I promise to give you more photographs of Las Vegas and Santa Fe soon. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy today's sky photos...






Rain falling...

Survived the storm, sun beginning to set...

Dark clouds giving way to the blues and pinks of sunset...






ladies and gentlemen, the sun has set. ..

Don't forget to check out the latest Airstream photos on Josh's blog.

1 comment:

  1. Those are great! I think the second might be my favorite, but I'm into the pure colors of the sunset pics. I'd love to go out west sometime!
    -Bees

    ReplyDelete